FEM 2023 programme
Short courses, keynote speakers and excursions will be published when conference registration opens on Wednesday 1 March 2023. NB. All FEM 2023 short courses have already been selected.
FEM Conference focuses on exploration and mining. Therefore FEM invites speakers from exploration and mining companies, research institutes, academia, authorities and geological surveys. All presentations are by invitation only (no open call for abstracts). Talks from service industry are not invited unless they are not mandated by an exploration and mining company.
There are several other events concentrating on mining technology and processing industry. The Fennoscandian Exploration and Mining (FEM), on the other hand, has from the very beginning focused mainly on exploration and mine development.
Planning started in September 2022. If you have programme proposals, please contact riitta.muhojoki(at)lapinliitto.fi.
FEM 2023 Main topics
- Mining in Europe – the Minerals act: self-sufficiency and availability of human and monetary resources
- Exploration and mining technology
- Conference venue: Event Centre Levi Summit & Hotel Levi Panorama
- Technical sessions: Auditorium, Levi Summit (1st floor)
- Trade show area A: Levi Summit (1st floor)
- Trade show area B: Levi Summit (ground floor)
- Trade show area C: Hotel Panorama (1st floor)
- Lunches: Restaurant Panorama (1st & 2nd floor)
- Pre-conference short course venue: Hotel Hullu Poro, Levi
- Fennoscandian Mining Night venue: Restaurant World, Levi Hotel Spa
The final technical programme timetable with speakers will be announced in autumn 2023.