The number of FEM 2017 participants is already over 1000!
Technical programme timetable
We are proud to introduce FEM conference programme with great speakers. Please visit FEM website for more information.
New at FEM 2017: Canada 150 – Finland 100 Outdoor Jubilee Event
There will be a special occasion celebrating Canada 150 – Finland 100 Jubilee on 1 November at 18:00 – 19:15. Venue: Tunturijärvi lake area at Levi village near Zero Point and gondola lift station. This event is hosted by the Embassy of Canada to Finland, Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, BRP Finland Oy, Shaman Spirits Oy Ltd and FEM. Outdoor Jubilee is open to all registered FEM participants free of charge. Your badge is your ticket. You will find the detailed programme on the conference website: social programme.
Students at FEM 2017
FEM has a long tradition of sponsoring students’ participation at FEM. This sponsorship is given to full-time undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the form of reduced registration fee. Moreover, students are welcome to present their CV on the CV board.
- Scholarships: NordMin – A Nordic Network of Expertise for a Sustainable Mining and Mineral Industry project as well as the Finnish Mining Association (FinnMin) have awarded scholarships for students to attend FEM 2017. Scholarship students are also invited to attend the Student – Industry Networking Luncheon on Wednesday.
- FEM 2017 Survey Booth: FEM has ordered from the Lapland University of Applied Sciences a survey about the regional influence of the FEM conference in Levi. The survey has been planned and will be carried out as an interview study by the students also working as FEM staff. We hope that FEM participants will contribute to this survey during the event and thus give useful information about FEM.
Conference-related transfers during FEM 2017
- Daily transfers will be provided free of charge between the conference hotels and Congress & Exhibition Centre Levi Summit in the mornings when programme starts, and in the afternoons when programme ends. Buses will be marked with the FEM 2017 logo.
- Bus route: Hotel Hullu Poro • Hotel Sirkantähti • Break Sokos Hotel Levi • Hotel K5 • Levi Spa Hotel Levitunturi • Congress & Exhibition Centre Levi Summit
- When leaving Levi after the conference, you can use either a taxi (we recommend you book a taxi in advance) or the Tunturilinjat Airport transfer.
Leave a small carbon footprint – use the Gondola lift from Levi village to Levi Summit Conference Centre and back! The use of the Gondola lift is free of charge for all FEM participants from Tuesday to Thursday. The actual transfer takes good two minutes in one direction. Your name badge is your ticket to the lift.
Gondola lift operating hours during FEM 2017
- Tuesday 31 October: 11:00 – 24:00
- Wednesday 1 November: 08:00 – 24:00
- Thursday 1 November: 08:30 – 18:00
Dinner and/or evening out
We have posted a list of Levi restaurants and their opening hours on the conference website. If your group is large we recommend you to book your table in advance.
Other events at Levi during FEM week
We would like to tell you about the events organized by FEM sponsors and partner organizations.
- FEM 2017 Bronze Sponsor PANalytical B.V. will organize two mini seminars on ”How to improve ore recoveries” at Hotel Levi Panorama’s Gold cabinet on Tuesday 31 October. The concise one hour seminars have all the same topics,
read more and register for the seminars! You can meet the PANalyticals specialists at booth B37.
- EIT RawMaterials MineFacts Project and The Finnish Mine Water Competence Network will organize a joint seminar ”Building trust – how to improve the communication between mining industry and society” on Tuesday 31 October at
9:00 – 14:30 at Break Sokos Hotel Levi, read more (published 3 May 2017). Remember to visit the Finnish Mine Water Competence Network booth C3.
- ”EIT RawMaterials Cross-Pitching Luncheon” will be organized on 2 November 2017 at 11:00 – 12:30 at Hotel Levi Panorama, Gold Digger Bar & Lounge (seventh floor). The purpose of the event is to offer a space for EIT RawMaterials partners and stakeholders to present their work and discuss proposals for the next EIT RawMaterials call for proposals, specifically on proposals for exploration, mining and processing. We will start by presenting the new EIT RawMaterials call for projects, followed by partner presentations on exciting new R&D topics. Attending FEM 2017? Meet the EIT RawMaterials representatives at booth B12. Cross-Pitching Luncheon registration https://www.lyyti.in/FEM2017 . You can also upload your pitching presentation at the registration page.